Work Rates & Work Loading Workshop
This one-day workshop has been specially designed to give you an understanding of building plans, cleaning specifications and productivity rates. This workshop will also provide a helpful understanding of how many hours are required to clean a building.
The cost of booking onto the workshop is
£299.00+VAT for members **
£375.00+VAT for non-members **
**Call in before you register for the follow up training Cleanlogic™ Calculating and Costing Workshop on the 8th November 2019 to receive an additional 25% the cost of the consecutive Cleanlogic™ Training*
*This offer is only valid when you call in before booking 01604 678712
*This offer is only valid for consecutive Cleanlogic™ bookings
The training is from 9:30am – 5pm and includes a light lunch and refreshments.
About the workshop
- To provide a working knowledge of building plans and how to read them
- An introduction to understanding different types of cleaning specifications
- Standardised productivity rates for different building types
- Variables that commonly affect productivity
- Supervision options
- How to benchmark your buildings with regard to Work Rates
Candidates who complete this workshop will have:
- To provide an understanding of the hours required to clean a building and what can affect this
- It provides good under pinning knowledge on how differing factors can affect the hours required
- A calculation spreadsheet will be provided on USB for candidates to take away with them
Who is the workshop for?
- Ideal for people who need to understand how the hours to clean a building are calculated
Method of study
- A PowerPoint presentation covering the theory of the course
- Candidates will work through practical sessions developing their understanding of each section and helping them to develop a benchmark standard for their portfolio
On the completion of the workshop candidates should be able to:
- Read building plans and check whether they are to scale
- Determine fair division of the cleaning hours for the building
- Understand the different types of specification and their effects on the hours required to clean the building
- Handouts and USB to be available for all the candidates
The candidate will be issued with a certificate of attendance upon completion of the workshop.
To find out more about BICSc training, please click here
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the BBS Training Suite?
The BBS Training Suite is centrally located with excellent access to major road and rail networks, as well as nearby airports making it easily accessible from the rest of the UK and for international visitors.
Travelling by car:
From the North
Exit the M1 at Junction 15 and take the first exit at the roundabout onto the A45 Ring Road towards Wellingborough.
From the South
Exit the M1 at Junction 15 and take the third exit at the roundabout onto the A45 Ring Road towards Wellingborough.
Continue on the A45 over the elevated section and then take the exit for the A43 signposted Kettering and Market Harborough. Take the first exit at the roundabout.
Continue on the A43 over one roundabout until you reach a major roundabout with traffic light control (Round Spinney). Be aware there are 50mph overhead average speed cameras on this road.
Take the second exit A5076 signposted for Moulton Park and Market Harborough. Follow this road through two sets of traffic lights, after the second set of traffic lights the road bends sharply to the left. After the bend take the first turning on the right (Lower Farm Road) then the first right into Boarden Close. Turn right into Premier Court and No. 9 is the building on the right hand side.
Travelling by train:
Northampton Railway Station is located 3.45 miles away. Taxis are readily available to transport you to The British Institute of Cleaning Science HQ.
Visitors should park in any of the visitor bays at the front of the Trainign Suite, alternatively please only use bays numbered 8 or 9 ONLY. A disabled bay is also available
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or telephone the BBS Team on 01604 678712.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket?
No, you are not required to bring a printed ticket with you. We will have a record of your registration so you can just turn up on the day and report to reception on arrival.
Is my registration fee refundable?
Places booked are non-refundable.
Is my registration fee transferable?
Places cannot be transferred to another course date within 10 working days of the course taking place. If the course is more than 10 working days away places can be transferred with a £50 admin fee payable upfront. Please contact email@example.com to arrange a transfer to another date if required.
In the event of insufficient bookings, we have the right to amend the course date up to 10 working days prior to the course taking place.