23 Mar Important | Operational update from Stan Atkins, Group CEO
Firstly, I hope this message finds you well and you, your family and those working within your organisations are staying safe during these uncertain and extremely trying times.
We, like everyone else have been keeping a close eye on the developments of Coronavirus and we have been listening to the updates provided from the NHS, the Government, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation.
Whilst we do not in any way underestimate the importance of work that is being done up and down the country by those working on our industry’s front line, we MUST, however put the health, safety and wellbeing of our team and customers at the very top of the priority list.
The steps we have taken:
- Last week we halted all international travel for the foreseeable future.
- As of Monday 23rd March, the BBS Training Suite will be closed, and we have implemented for those who have the ability a work-from-home policy for all staff.
- As you are aware the British Institute of Cleaning Science has a not for profit status, to protect its longevity and survival we have taken the decision to furlough some of the team. Key staff members will continue to work remotely between the hours of 09.00 and 17.00 Tuesday to Friday.
- We will be communicating with all candidates who have booked training to agree on how we move forward. We simply cannot risk any contact of less than 2 metres, which has been advised by the Government as a safe distance. This also means that we cannot deploy any member of our training team to your site for the time being.
- The following inboxes will be monitored during the time stated above, and we will respond as soon as possible:
email@example.com – general enquiries and assistance
firstname.lastname@example.org – membership enquiries and assistance
email@example.com – card and certificate requests
firstname.lastname@example.org – training
email@example.com – International business
firstname.lastname@example.org – technical assistance
email@example.com – finance
firstname.lastname@example.org – marketing & PR
On a separate note, we have received a number of calls and emails from you our members sharing the frustrations (that we all feel) around cleaning staff not being named as key workers last week by the Government, as members of the British Cleaning Council we will raise the lobbying matter there, as they are best placed to take this forward.
If the situation changes and impacts our ability to provide a comprehensive service to you, we will keep you informed and updated. We will share key information with you as and when it becomes available.
Finally, and from all of us at BICSc, in this difficult time we wish you well, and we can only look forward to returning to normal service.
Stan Atkins, Group Chief Executive Officer
The British Institute of Cleaning Science